Friday, March 25, 2011

Buns of...well I'm not quite sure what

So they have lots of random breads/rolls/bun here. Some are clearly doughnuts and I don't eat those, but I like some of the other ones, and sometimes it's fun to guess at what will be good and what will taste nasty.

These come in a bag together, but there are variations on the combinations of what's goes in them. I think the bakery people just throw some stuff in and stick a price on it. There are 3 different items in this bag (but 5 actual "buns". The top one has some type of paste in the center. I think it might be a fruit of some sort, but it isn't that sweet. The top is like a crumble, but also not very sweet. The bottom right has a paste in it as well, but it's different from the other kind. I actually think one version had a black bean paste and another is kiwi (I guessed kiwi because it is bright green, which you don't know until you bite into it - shocked me a bit at first). There are black sesame seeds on top. The last one is just a regular roll. They are all pretty good, but it's hard to compare them to something in the US because everything we have is either sweeter, or not as sweet, or saltier.

Today, a student brought in 2 kinds of bread that I have never tasted before for the teachers to share. One kind had a fruit swirl in it. It was pretty good. The other kind basically was stuffed with what tasted like cheesecake filling. It was good, but odd at the same time because the bread part definetly doesn't taste like crust, it tastes like dinner roll bread. So it's like eating a cheesecake sandwich or something. I like when the teachers bring in stuff for us to try because then I get to test stuff out, but sometimes it's awkward because I'm afraid I won't like it and I don't want to offend anyone. Luckily I have liked everything I've tried so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment